10.09.2009

New daycare...listen to your gut, mommas!

Well, we pulled Dylan out of the home daycare he was in and he will be starting at a daycare center at the end of this month. I'm especially glad about our decision b/c when we told the home daycare owner that he was leaving she was VERY unprofessional and downright rude about it. Our reason for leaving was she was watching 12 children (including a 4 month old) and Dylan has been biting other children over the past few months. We think it was due to her having too many children and not being able to give any of them the attention they need. She wasn't taking much effort to help him stop it so we were kind of at a loss about the bad habit she let him develop. The funny thing is....he doesn't bite at home, he doesn't bite any of our friend's kids or any kids at the church nursery! We've talked to our pediatrician, read him no biting books, researched online, etc. to try to help him. Her reasoning for Dylan biting was b/c he was an only child and isn't used to sharing...so what am I supposed to do??? Have another baby? She couldn't give me a straight answer (surprise, surprise). Maybe we should buy him one of these...

Hahaha...just kidding!
Anyway, just a reminder to parents out there searching for daycares...if you have a gut feeling about a daycare--listen to it! I had a bad feeling about her daycare from the beginning and I really wished I would have listened to it. I can't take back these 6 months, but Dylan was always happy when he came home and went there willingly so I guess I can't be too hard on myself. I have a good feeling about the daycare center he will be attending, and have a feeling the biting will stop due to more caregivers available! And seriously...can Dylan be any cuter...

Watch out though....he bites!

3 comments:

Jessi and Eric said...

Hey Emmy! Just wanted to ease your mind that Dylan's biting is appropriate for his age. They usually bite because they are frustrated due to either a lack of space or attention...I think you will see a big difference in him when he starts the place! xo

Angie said...

Oh my goodness!! Like I said...the cutest nephew in the world =)

Auntie Ang.

Emily said...

Love the picture. Love your confidence and love that you are following your gut! Keep it up Em.