Well, my baby is 8 months old today and is having open heart surgery! He goes in at 7:15am and it should take 4-5 hours. I will try to update when I can. I can't even begin to thank everyone for all the prayers they have said for Dylan and us. It means so much to us and I don't think there is any way to show how grateful we are to have such great family and friends and even strangers reaching out to our family.
- Eats about 3 solids a day...we had a ton of Gerber foods we wanted to use up, then I pureed a few different veggies for him and he hates them! I think mine are too plain so we're trying to get him used to his veggies again (of course he still loves fruit!)
- Rolling all over the place! Because of his low oxygen, he just doesn't have the energy to crawl (and it breaks my heart b/c he gets so frustrated!) He resorting to rolling in order to get to where he wants now.
- Loving his stuffed animal, "Puppy." He grabs him every morning off his dresser on his way to breakfast and smiles SO big when he does!
- He loves banging/hitting things together to make noise.
- LOVES Puffs! I swear he could eat a whole container! He loves feeding them to himself now and dodges our hand when we try to put one in his mouth for him.
- Loves to squeal (especially to get our attention when we're not talking to him)!
- Still says num num while he eats!
- Pulls up to his knees.
- Loves to sit in our laps when we sit on the floor with him to play.
- He's very good at using his pincher to pick up things.
- His hair is getting longer and longer...he likes touching it when it tickles his ears.
- Starting to have a little stranger anxiety it scares him to tears sometimes when there is a really loud, unusual noise.
Here are some fun pics for your viewing pleasure! Please continue to pray for us this week!